Friday 26 October 2012

RECOGNIZE FRIENDS.


While I find that those who are close to you
are immersed in the ocean of samsara
And like falling into firestorm
There is nothing more frightening to act
for my own salvation,
Forget those who do not
realized through the process of birth and death.
-CHANDRANGOMIN, letter to a student
Has created an attitude of equality with friends, enemies, and neutral, we have a platform to look at every human being as our best friend. The trend now is to develop a true sense of intimacy with others. For the love of preference generated an easy way for friends, we need a skill to cultivate the awareness of all beings as your own, use the most friendly relations of our own model. Who is our best friend?
Another method is to use the unconditional love of our own mothers each person as a model. Because I was confirmed as the reincarnation of the thirteenth Dalai Lama, I have not lived at home until three or four years old. As a child, I see her practically every day, or she would come to meet me, because my family lived near my residence in Lhasa, capital of Tibet. She always had a heart of Virtue, very compassionate, considerate in a widespread behavior toward others who are destitute. She was kind to everyone. She never grumpy to me, although later she told me that I would be uncomfortable if not satisfied, and I would tug her ear when she was cradling me. She said that one day I pulled very strong and hurt her ears.
From the time I was four years old, who brought food for me every day in Lhasa is a bald old man, beard back hats named Ponpo. I am very close to him; him like a mother. When I was at Summer Palace memorize all texts, he is always nearby; I will cry if he does not do that. At least I have seen his lap while he sat on the other side fronts approximately one meter from the door. He must be there; otherwise, I will cry. Ponpo, who has been cooking for the Dalai Lama's predecessor, did not know the story of how, do not know how playing, and learning in the form of either religion or other topics . I respect him because he has provided food and care for me.
It seems to me we, like other mammals such as dogs and cats, the most beloved of those who raised us. We love our mothers, not because she gave birth to us, but because she was for us to fix and take care of us. When I sick, Ponpo I go around or to me in his lap. When we hug a cat, kitten will moan Û enjoy; same with the kids. I love him.
People, whether religious or not, can understand from natural experience and common sense that an important emotional real date of birth; these are the basics of life. The survival of our body requires feelings of others, to which we respond in love. Although this mixed with the attachment or attachment, but this love is not based on physical attraction or sexual. This sentiment, though not without bias, but can be expanded to cover all living beings, it is not prejudice. This is what is called extended love and around or expand kindness.
For the meditation followed, if the relationship with the mother of sophisticated practitioners, instead we may be interested in the ideal relationship of motherhood, or we can use any relatives , you, or any member of the family.

Meditation

First, let's take care of this kind of meditation platform. The arrangement is built on the assumption of rebirth, is that we have a vague notion may be true, we can use to thoroughly examine the implications of wealth, they regenerate relationships with others. However, if we do not doubt that reincarnation is true, you can still use these steps as a pure meditation practice to help remove the gut and in our relationships.
1 - Reflecting that if there is reincarnation, samsara, which means that our own life is not started (unknowingly).
2 - Concern that when we are born from a womb as an animal, or a spider, spiders, we require a mother. And because our students are endless, we have countless mothers through many lifetimes. This implies that each sentient beings have been our mother in a certain life. If you have a problem, come to the conclusion that, then let's have a look you can follow the continuity of life or not, and discovered that there are any beings not been our mothers or not, such a conclusion is not possible.
3 - Reflecting that when we are born from a womb or an egg is infinite, and so our mothers are endless.
4 - Reflection on this point, please understand that each we siinh in our present life is the mother of us many times. Do not rush through this step; trend here is not reasonable to accept a (logical) shallow, that permeated the mind and our attitude with the impact of the awareness of recycling. Try this, for example, and see if it is useful or not.
* Think about a best friend of the practitioner and determined that this friend, the continuity of life, had a friend who raised [us]. Please keep this in mind until you feel a change in perception.
* Then gradually see the others, not so close friends, one by one in the same way that, acknowledge and feel that through the continuity of life, they are very close to our . This can take several days to practice - even weekly.
* Then bring to mind a certain neutral person who does not each help nor harm us in this life. Please see that this person lives the moment, it is also a close and raised as our closest friends.
* Gradually expand this awareness to a neutral person who saw in a subway station, passing by on the road, or find a store.
* When we become proficient at how to realize who you and neutral who had been raised, and can feel aware of how we change, consider a person who it did some harm to us or our loved ones. Let's start with a minor enemy, as someone has said something critical, so we can develop a temporary experience with aside negative feelings in favor of the realization that at a certain point we had been close friends. If we jump too fast to pay attention to the people that we really do not like, the negative ideas will be able to make our hesitant process.
* When we feel our views have changed for the enemy does not matter, head back with a new attitude for a moment, then slowly interested in the next level of the enemy ( heavier enemies).
Through the practice, can see every being as a friendship. Easy to say, but difficult to practice. Do not become rotten press; maintain exercise these steps again and again. Accumulated experience slowly.
For me, because I take my responsibility for the benefit of Tibet, the most difficult to perceive as friendly as those who are harming the Tibetan people in a deliberate way. However, from experience with the friendly, neutral, and enemies less important, I can see that basically they have no difference.
What made me from being depressed despite over fifty years of action for Tibet without much success before the cause is fair, honest, and benefit to others. The true cause is not enough; it useful. My work for Tibet not increase either my reputation, my influence, my ability, or my interests in any way; it is for the Tibetan people, who have the right to be free and to preserve the teachings of Buddhism to benefit all sentient beings. So, whether we are achieving our goals in this life or not, it is worthwhile to maintain the struggle. We are in a time of urgency by Chinese rapidly poured into Tibet; same as Manchuria and Inner Mongolia, where have become completely assimilated to Han Chinese culture. Tibetan culture can be lost if current trends continue. A sign of hope is now all over the world, including many Chinese, are more aware of what is happening - the capacity loss could have on the world with a precious culture and therefore more ethical concern. The problem will continue from generation to generation is not the same as a political term in office, it is not limited by a certain boundary of the time. These are my reasons for maintaining enthusiasm.
Support skills
Between meditation, month or identify anyone that we encounter as a fellowship to help growth. For example, when passing by a neutral (neither friendly nor enemy) in a crowd, just think: This person does not seem to have any contact with me in this life, but through the same continuity of life has definitely been a father, mother, son, or my friends. In this way, we will gradually develop a sense that all beings are our friends.
QUALITY OF SUCCESS
With practice will come to this: even if we find a bug, we would think, Oh, this animal has been born in such a miserable condition! Although I am a man, and this creature is an insect, in the past, my mother, and I'm her son. At that time, my life depends on her, and she loves me more than her own life. After the full meditation, this type of thinking will arise spontaneously. Signs of being completely aware about all living beings as friends to help maturity is when we look at the world around us and think, beings from animals more had to take care of me in the past not only to take care of me once but several times. END=VIETNAMESE TRANSLATE ENGLISH BY THICH CHAN TANH.MHDT.WORLD VIETNAMESE BUDDHIST ORDER=VIETNAMESE BUDDHIST NUNS=GOLDEN LOTUS MONASTERY=AUSTRALIA,SYDNEY.27/10/2012.NAM MO SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA.( 3 TIMES ).

No comments:

Post a Comment