Tuesday 11 June 2013

 The Dhamma of the Buddha taught whole is about understanding of suffering-the source of it, the cessation of suffering, and the path taken to the gauge. When we are a projection of the suffering, we see that we too are a projection of craving, because the craving and suffering is just one.
Craving can be compared. If we take fire, what will happen? It has taken us to the happy? If we say: "Oh, take a look at the beautiful flame! Take a look at the beautiful colors! I love the red and orange, they are the colors that I love the most, " and after putting the hands grabbed the fire, our bodies will feel some certain suffering. And then if we meditate on the cause of the suffering, we will realize that it is the result of the work we have put into the fire. With the understanding that, hopefully, we will no longer touch the fire.
Once we let go of fire, we understand that fire is something that should not have to stick to. This does not mean that we have to hate, or put it out. We can enjoy the fire, hasn't it? It's nice to have a flame, it keeps the room warm, but we don't have to do it yourself let it burn.
When we hung the real projection of the suffering, we are no longer the trend holds the craving, because it makes us unhappiness, misery, there is no reason to hold it. And from that, we understand that, "Oh! That is why I am suffering, which is the source of suffering. À! now I understand. Holding the craving caused me all this suffering and unhappiness, which is caused by fear, anxiety, expectation, despair, anger, greed, and delusion that out. All of life's problems are rooted in the embrace and adherent to the flame of the craving. "
Cling to habits of human craving deep within each of us. We are the people in the West. We think its very existence and connoisseur. But when we start to learn to actually see what was going on in his mind, indeed was scary-because most of us are downright ignorance. We have a slight idea what about who we are, or the cause of the suffering, or want to live for decent pay out the star-absolutely not a little notion at all. A lot of people who want to use drugs, drink alcohol and do enough things to get rid of suffering-but their suffering increased anyway.
The people in the West are haughty and arrogant during his own civilization! We have an education, proper, because we know to read and write, and we have the machines and the great inventions. For example, compared with those living in the tribe in Africa, they seem to be primitive, superstitious, right? But exactly all of us as well as the Board of the boat! Only thing is the superstitions of ours is different. Actually, we also believe in everything.
For example, we try to explain the universe based on the concept, think the concept is real. We believe in reason, believe in the argument-or can say we believe in the things that we did not know. We really do not understand the universe begins and ends. If we read a book and believe what it says, believe in what the scientists say, shall we also believe only. We think: "we are hungry. We believe that the scientist said. Those with doctorate-we believe the things they say. We do not believe in the things that the witch healers say, because these folks are all those foolish, ignorant. "But these are all beliefs, where have anything else right? We still didn't really know nothing-for example through what it seems or cough so only. The Buddha says we should experience it yourself and as such we will not believe in others.
We consistently ran the universe is impermanent and we can see the nature of the impermanence of all things. From the projector, wisdom arises. In these conditions always change, one cannot find something that itself has continuity. Everything starts and ends, everything is born starting from nothingness and returning to nothingness. And wherever we are to the eyes to come, we shall also never found a something is usually constant in eternity, or ego.
The only reason we think we have the personality is because we have memory, have ideas and opinions of myself. If we are, we always bother, thinking about everything. Emotional stand that says, we can not develop because we a tam Peng, la and screaming every time we predicament. We can talk about Sophocles [1] and Aristotle [2], can have great discussions about the great philosopher of Germany and of Ramakrishna [3], [4], Aurobindo and the Buddha, and then when someone does not give us what we want, we a tam Peng! It all depends on everything in the, does not have the emotional stability.
I used to know a monk, he's quite trendy life compared to the other monks. He had been living in Bangkok for many years, served in the Navy and can speak English "Pidgin". He is quite smart and impressive. But he had this health problem (emotional) and felt that he could not be more alive if only eating once a day. In fact, the worse his health so much that he must discharge y. then he became an alcoholic! He can talk the talk was excellent while d. reason for being drunk. He has the intellect but no ethics (About) or do not have the intention.
On the other hand, we can keep ethics (About) is strict but a no-brainer. As such, we as hypocritical or the morally blind. Alternatively, we can become sticky with the intention that no bit of wisdom at all. "I am in a course and I had developed a slight centering, a bit of wisdom, but when I go home, Oh my! I don't know that I could drill again or not, or even whether the time period or not. I have too many responsibilities, too many responsibilities. " But we live normal lives like that, which is also the practice really.
The retreat is the opportunity for us to recede the responsibility and work on our shoulders, and then thanks to the practice we can have a better view of them. But if the retreat is only used to help us to defect in a few days, and only that, the retreat will have tremendous value at all. On the other hand, if they are using them to a slide show about the suffering-"Why am I suffering? Why is my disorder? Why am I having problems? Why the world is so? " We will search to see if there are any ways to deal with pain or not. And we will find this by searching out and this mind of ours.
Ignorance only grade stunned on the surface, it's not going down, there is so much ignorance need to break. Ignorance born starting in the current moment, the stick stuck into the flame craving in the current moment, we can let go of it. We do not need to cling to the flame craving more-we can let go of it. No need to touch the flame anymore-all only that only. The problem is not the flame craving. But if we must grasp it, we should let go of it. Once we let go of the flame out, we should not take it back again.
In daily life, we should keep mindfulness. Keep mindfulness means? It means the full realization in the current moment, focus on what is happening inside. For example, we are looking at something, and we try to focus on it, and then a voice came, and then I smell the smell, followed by the thing and then the strangest ones-the ones that make us distracted, things are changing. We say: "I can't have mindfulness in this environment, it made my bipolar. I have to go to a special environment where there are things which cause distracted, then I can keep mindfulness. If I attend one retreat, I could keep mindfulness is because there is the annoying things in there-only peace and quiet-an unrivaled silence! I can't keep mindfulness in Edinburgh or in London-there is so much cause I was distracted. And I still have family, children, humming away! "
But mindfulness doesn't necessarily focus on an object. Get to know the mess is also mindfulness. If enough things are banging on our senses — noises, people are asked to spend more time with this-we cannot focus long ago on one of the objects. But we can get to know the mess, or the agitation, or colliding, we can be aware of the reaction in our mind. That's what we call mindfulness. Can we have mindfulness on the clutter and chaos. And we can also mindfulness in all peace and quiet.
Path of mindfulness is the way there is more preferred. When we like this more than the other, then we must acknowledge that: "I prefer more peaceful."
To have peace, we do? We have to go to a place without the clutter, became a recluse, going up the Orkneys, find a cave. I found a great cave in off the coast of Thailand. It is located on a beautiful little island in the Gulf of Thailand.
Whether that happens in Friday I made a monk. Those Westerners who flock to Wat Pah Pong – the Western monks. At that point they have made me so upset and frustrated. I thought: "I don't want to teach these people and their problems, and then too, they require too much; I'd stay away from this Western monks, as far as possible. " Years ago I went through a season settled with five others. Oh, it's a season of settling most profoundly! I thought: "I will not tolerate that way anymore! You don't have to come here to stay that way; I came here for peace. "
Therefore, I allege to go to Bangkok and from there I discovered the island. I think it's perfect. They built the caves on the island and erected the small hut on the beach. It is a perfect place for a priest. He can get one of these huts and live in it. And then comes the real qifu gangui in villages. The villagers are very friendly, especially with respect to the monks of the West, as a monk in the West truly is very unusual. We can rely on them to have food to eat, and more.
It is not an easy place to be, because it is located off the coast of the Gulf of Thailand, and I think: "Oh, they'll never find me in addition to this, the Western monks, they won't find me here." And then I found a cave, with a Jongram, and it really is beautiful. It has a room inside the darkness and not a sound which could enter inside. I crawl into a hole and inside nothing at all. I could not see or hear anything. Therefore, it is ideal for the deprived feeling: "Oh, this is exactly what I was looking for, I can practice to enter the meditation. I can go to hang in practice hour that is not subject to any kind of stimulating the senses. "
I really wanted to see what would happen. But one elderly monks live in this cave, he does not know is he has to stay here. However, he said that I could stay in a grass hut on top of the Hill. I went up there to look, and the other is under the sea. I thought, "Oh, this is also an interesting place here because now I can concentrate on the sea, it is quiet."
A Thai monk on the island and he is a very good friend of mine. He said: "If they can find a Professor here, then there is an island roughly fifteen miles farther away than the other-they will never be able to find counsel there. There is a small hut there, and a small village, the villagers will be happy to take care of a monk. " So, I think: "So well, maybe after the season settled, I will go out to the island further out there."
I am really determined to go away. I want to be serene and I found the monk the West it's tricky. They often ask lots of questions and require too much. So I arranged to live a season settled in this idyllic setting. And then-my foot! My right foot has a serious infection and they have to take me off the island and into a local hospital on the Mainland.
My health is very poor. They don't put me back on anymore and I had to go through a season of settling in a monastery near the town. Sorrow, disappointment and resentment emerged only because of this foot, all because I was too stick stuck into the quiet. I want to get rid of the clutter of life, I am really looking forward to being locked up in a tomb where my senses will no longer irritated, where I don't have to face a solicitation from a person, where I will be living alone, anonymous, invisible. But then I hung up his attitude, I hung up the libido was his quiet. And I am no longer looking for the tranquility ...
I never returned to that island. My feet were relatively benign diving back and I had the opportunity to go to India. Then I was back to Wat Pah Pong, and I decided to no longer give priority to a minor. The practice of me at the time that "the road had no preference", I just accept what comes to me. On returning to Wat Pah Pong, my responsibility as for Ajahn Chah. I hated having to translate for Westerners, but now I'm back as a translator. I have to do it, and I also have to teach and train for the monks. Then, a year or more, the monastery has even sent me out to start building a monastery of my own! Within two years there are about twenty Western monk living with me. After that, I was invited to the United Kingdom.
And so I never did want to flee to the cave which, as I no longer give priority to this. Responsibility and the teaching seems to be growing, but it is part of the practice called "no more fondness." And through this practice I found my soul at peace and serenity. I am no longer angry first what it is demanding my place, not in anger or embarrassment in front of these issues don't have the finishes and the misunderstandings arose in human society. So the practice is-just mindfulness. I no longer desire to be quiet. When the quiet until I see it is impermanent; confused-well is impermanent; serenity to – is also impermanent; the war-is also impermanent. I keep looking at the nature of all things and I had when I saw the world peace as now-live in the UK-and peace more than a couple of days I've been living on the island.
Then I have a desperately cling to the ideals that I desire and coupled with the desire that is a fear they will be lost-I was afraid that the West would come and bother me and are afraid that a peaceful environment will be disturbed. In getting to repudiate and closed does not accept other people have a selfish really, and there is a real fear that other people will do the bankruptcy of my life. So the stick stuck on peace and the conditions of it has brought fear and worry, because all have been lost or destroyed so easily. However, the kind of peace that we can get from the "no more preferred" cannot be taken away. It's never been taken away because we can adapt; We are not subordinate to the environment to be quiet; We need not seek quiet, or to desire it, or are confused outrage because of it. So, when we reflect on the teachings of the Buddha (see suffering, the origin of suffering, the suffering, and the road leading to the removal of suffering), we can see that he has already taught us the way "no more fondness."
The Buddha was enlightened. He has undergone six years of ascetic practice to attempt to find peace, reach the highest State to mind, and he said, "no! It's not! It is still painful. It is still ignorance. " And, from the perception that he has found the middle path, the road there is the more preferred, way of the province.
We should not be expecting there to be a high level of quiet if we are living in an environment where people are busy chộn or scratchy, or where we have a range of responsibilities and duties. We should not think: "Oh! I'd like somewhere else, I don't want to stay here ". So we are the preferred. We should observe the life that we are kind and whether we like it or not, anyhow it still variable, is not important.
In life "like" tend to change into "don't like", and "don't like" tend to change to "like." Even the interesting situation will also change into uncomfortable situations, and the unpleasant situation is finally becoming interesting. We have to keep the awareness of impermanence and is impassible before the change of things, should not require them to be otherwise. The people we live with them, the places we live, the society that we are a part of that-we should live in peace with everything. But most importantly, we should live in peace with ourselves-that's the big lesson to learn in life.
Actually very hard to live at peace with yourself. I see that most people have a lot of aversion to yourself. Better we should live peacefully with the body and mind of ourselves more than anything else, and should not require them to be perfect, and that we must be perfect, or that everything is fine. We can live peacefully with both good things and bad things. END=VIETNAMESE TRANSLATE ENGLISH BY THICH CHAN TANH.MHDT.WORLD VIETNAMESE BUDDHIST ORDER=VIETNAMESE BUDDHIST NUNS=GOLDEN LOTUS MONASTERY=AUSTRALIA,SYDNEY.12/6/2013.NAM MO SAKYAMUNI BUDDHA.( 3 TIMES ).

No comments:

Post a Comment